Monday, March 30, 2015

The Gratitude Journal



I tried a little experiment over the last couple of months.  I have kept a gratitude journal.  It is just a small book I keep with my lesson materials, and each day I write three things for which I am grateful.  I haven’t been perfect at it, but it has been a great experience and I will continue to do.

Some of the things I have written are things most people feel gratitude for and really aren’t very interesting to go back and read.  What I have found interesting is the little things I noticed.  There are a few days that the first thing on the list is sunshine.  It has been an early spring, and it has boosted my spirits immensely.  Also, I had found something which I had lost.  That was a great surprise as well.

The things I most love are the little acts of service my family has given to me.  None of these things took much time, less than 10 seconds probably, but they made my day!  It has made me pay attention to the little things I am doing for them. If I feel better through their service, then I can make the day brighter for them as well.  I don’t need grand gestures from them to feel loved. They need only the this from me; to know I thought of them throughout the day and loved them enough to do something simple for their behalf. 
There is even a comment about something a stranger had done for me.  I hope I can do small things for others.  Perhaps it is just the boost they need!

No comments:

Post a Comment