Saturday, February 13, 2016

Emphasis




I am intrigued by the phrase I heard from Phil Romano in his Acton Hero interview. 

“I’ve got to make it work.” 

     I have thought about it many times over the course of this week.  I have written it in my journal and repeated it to myself over and over in my mind, often experimenting with where I place the emphasis.  It means different things depending on how I say it.

I’ve got to make it work.”  I am the only one responsible for my success.  If I want to accomplish my goals, then the job belongs to me.  I can do it, and I will.

“I’ve got to make it work.”  I am not willing to stagnate.  The idea of forever only being exactly what I am today is repugnant.  My life will be what I make of it.

“I’ve got to make it work.”  Accomplishment of my goals will not happen magically.  I need to make the effort.  I need to put in the time.  Success will only come from my own sweat and tears.

“I’ve got to make it work.”  Ultimate failure is unacceptable.  I will take my hits standing up and apply the lessons I learn to my next attempt.  There will always be a next attempt.

$100.00 challenge
Filling individual slots is slow.  I expected this because of the short time frame.  This is why I didn’t count on lessons alone, but added the class.  There is more interest in the class than I thought there would be as youth are preparing for recitals, concerts, and college auditions.  I find this very exciting!  I also have a student who has requested help with the church organ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment