Saturday, February 27, 2016

Doing Great Things for a Great Purpose



Last week I came across a video by Jeremy Cowart, a successful photographer and graphic artist who has developed programs worldwide to help others not only see the beauty in others, but the beauty in themselves as well.  Although the video, "I'm Possible"  is an advertisement for funding a hotel featuring the craftsmanship of people around the world, it also had a powerful message.

Cowart shared his difficulties as a child overcoming his feelings of "I can't."  His father taught him the words, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  These are the words which allowed him to set aside his fear of new things and accomplish his goals. Over the years he has been able to accomplish great things.  (Watch the video.  He has been involved in some incredible projects!)  As he talks of some of his accomplishments, all done through the help of Christ, he says these words:
"Greatness should lead to a greater purpose." 
This has caused me to think about how I should allow Christ to make me great, but for His great purpose.  One of my favorite talks in last conference was given by Larry R. Lawrence, "What Lack I Yet?"  In it he discusses the importance of letting Christ lead us to the do the things we need, to be who he wants us to be.  He encourages us to let go of our own desires and allow our lives to be put to greater use by the Savior.  
It is important to seek to do great things, but we need to do these things for the greatest purpose.  The greatest purposes we can participate in are those the Savior wants to produce.

$100 challenge
Lessons and classes start next Monday.  I am not feeling excited about it.  It is stressing me out some to know I need to put so much time into this project.  I purposely stopped giving lessons while I was finishing school because it was too much stress.  The only thing that is keeping me going is knowing that it is only temporary.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment