Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Focus Word: DEVELOP









     My daughter has inspired me.  She chooses a focus word every year and uses this focus as she plans her year and the goals she wants to accomplish.  This year I am following her example.  My focus word for the year is Develop, then each month I have a sub-focus word based on something I need to develop in my life.  Last month was journaling.  I have always been a journal keeper, but I wanted to improve my journaling habits. This month, being February, the sub-focus is relationships. (I know, totally corny).
     I have kept this concept of development in the back of my mind as I have completed the readings for my classes and in the scriptures.  It is amazing how large my small list of ideas has gotten.  This project I started with a single year projection has the potential to be something I use the rest of my life.  I find this exciting! Some of the areas I plan to develop are optimism, listening, quality, transparency, and surrender. I think focus is another good one to put on the list!
     I feel like my February focus on developing relationships will help in the $100.00 challenge.  I cannot be an effective teacher until I have developed a relationship with my students.  I am looking forward to getting know those I teach so we are more than just student/teacher, but friends as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment