Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Excited






I spoke with a successful business man this morning and I am inspired.  He told me about his experiences of going form losing his job and being on welfare to starting and growing a multi-million dollar company.  What started out as a fly by the seat of your pants operation and working out of desperation, changed to a well-structured business with a life of its own.  I was surprised by the mixture of characteristics this man presented to me in our hour long conversation.  He was confident, bordering on arrogant, humbled by the miracles that supported his success, capable of surprise and mischief, a heart overrun with compassion for people, and hard expectations for those around him.

This is what I have learned from him.  One.  Everyone you meet is a person with value.  Two.  Printing a business card is not the same as starting a business.  When the work is hard, live up to the work.  Three.  Avoid analysis paralysis.  You have to do.  Four.  Wealth is given for a purpose and that purpose is not to make more money.  Compassion should be at the root of everything we do.

He seems like he would be a hard person to work for, yet I am intrigued by the idea of doing just that.  I want to work for him, and learn from him.  I am composing a letter of intent in my head even as I write this.  What can be the worst that happens?  He may say no, but, he may say yes and that is exciting beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment